Crestwicke has always been a church that has had a deep desire to love God and love others. Crestwicke has a history of being a church committed to fulfilling the Great Commission and Great Commands here in Guelph, ON. Throughout our history, we have seen up’s and down’s, but by God’s grace we have had over eighty years of worshipping the Lord here in Guelph, ON.
Crestwicke Baptist Church has a long history which began as a church plant in the home of Walter & Kathleen Frid on Liverpool Street in 1928.
The home church on Liverpool Street quickly grew. The church purchased land on York Rd and began construction of a church building in 1932. In 1934 construction was completed.
The church met at the York Road location for 30+ years until by God’s grace they outgrew the location. In 1966 construction of a new building began at 400 Victoria Road North. Over the next 30 years the church continued to grow.
And once again in the summer of 1996 the church purchased it’s current location – the old Y.M.C.A. at 400 Speedvale Avenue East. The first service at the new location took place on October 13, 1996. In the fall of 2001 construction began on a new auditorium. In April 2002 the first service was held.